Thursday, July 9, 2015

Little Bits of Summer

Oh, Florida summer. You are so glorious and so hot. Here are some moments from my summer so far!

1.) First and foremost- My beautiful, sweet, amazing & adorable niece was born this summer. My heart is so full of love for this little being.

2.) I finally get to read all the novels my heart desires..since I officially graduated college with a bachelors in psychology! Yay! The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood is one of those books that sticks with you long after you finish it. Next on the summer/beach reading list-Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.

3.) I took a day trip to Silver Glen Springs in Ocala State Park, Florida. Florida has more fresh water springs than any other state and my goal is to visit a half dozen before the summer is up. On our way back from Silver Glen we stopped at one of those cheesy Florida tourist stores and picked up some taffy and seashell art.

4.) Portal to paradise. Aka the second overpass at Vilano Beach. Florida summers look something like this : AC-->Water-->AC.

5.) Case in point-my boy at the pool (showing off his anchor brand). 

6.) Swamp land greenness. This little swamp is just down the road from my moms house. I'm not totally sure if all that green slime is good for the wetland ecosystem, but it sure is pretty.

7.) My itty bitty summer tomato harvest. I sliced them up and cooked them up with some farro & pesto sauce. Yum.

No comments: